Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A Walk Along The Seine

Truly the road less travelled... Path beside the Seine 
I had wanted to tell you all a beautiful story about my walk along the Seine, sadly, Google have decided to make it next to impossible with the login procedures from public computers, and while I can understand the necessity for security,  still it means that I am stuck using a small keyboard on my smartphone with my fat little fingers and hunt and peck, with limited WiFi access. So rather than tell a long story badly, I shall simply write a poem and leave the images to speak for themselves, however, it would be remiss of me not to recount the wonderful hospitality shown me by such wonderful people on my journey, so please forgive my brevity, and allow me to mention but a few wonderful souls along the way... and post some images of some of the places and people's on this special leg of the journey. Thank you one and all, and please feel free to visit both the links to the right and the link to the left of the main page to visit Charity Water for whom this walk is in aid of. Merci! :)

-Spring Day On The Seine -

Wild roses, pink and white 
Dragonflies, black and blue 
Lilac butterflies, chased in flight 
As I turn my thoughts to you.

Wild swans too, beat the air, 
Feathers whoop in torrents of white,
And all the while I'm standing there,
Shrouded in nature's awesome might.

A wilding pass, strewn with clover,
Blood red poppies stand before the wild iris of the sun,
Buttercups, daisies, swoon my lover,
The oaken shade, as the river runs.

Duck and drake, nestled on the water, 
The succour of the cooling stream,
A fish tail slaps, the sons and daughters, 
Trailing in a sun drenched dream.

Sun kissed skies of a warm blue fire,
Licked by a mild spring breeze, 
A balm to quench loves ardent desire, 
The rustle of the fresh green leaves.

A rhapsody of noonday song,
The ancient, silent, Seine, ambles, lugubriously along.

-RMP 2018

The Seine

Wild swans on the Seine 

St Roch, eglise st lauren, nogent sur seine

Priory Nogent-sur-seine, Merci Dimi and Glory!
Purple Irises, Priory, Nogent-sur-seine 

Marie and Eglise St Lauren, nogent sur seine

Cat and fountain, Nogent-sur-seine

Nogent-sur-seine

Nice spot to camp, Seine
Camped beside the Seine
Wild Iris beside the Seine 
Poppies and wheat outside Eglinay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment...