Friday, June 15, 2018

The magical light of the Loire

Thunderstorms in tow...

I thought it best to once again allow the images to speak for themselves, for the journey down the Loire has been one of powerful and magical light and energy. Bright sun infused with thunderstorms, and all the while the somnabulent Loire lazily ambles along beside us...

Eglise Saint Hilaire and Saint Mesmin, across the St Nicolas bridge outside Orleans, the 'old' pilgrims way


Walking to the Loire from St Hilaire 

First evening camping on the Loire, just outside Grande Rue

Boise, Swans, and my travelling companion along the Loire Andrei

Magic along the Loire

Lunch at the pottery just before Charge, thunder on the way...

Racing the rain in Dionysian splendor, just outside Artingay

After the deluge descended the perfect sunset in Charge, Loire.
Fred Chabot's 'saxophonist', outside St Vincent Eglise, Amboise


Above: Organist plays Satie in St Denis. Below: Saint Denis,  Amboise 

Saint Martin Basilica with Charlemagne's Tower, Tours

I hope you enjoyed this brief trip down the Loire. It has been a pleasure to take you with me, and as ever there are many stories that will go into the book, along with friends and companions along the way.

Andrei and I 

I urge you to go to the link on the top left of the webpage and support Charity:Water in their drive to give everyone access to fresh drinking water. It is after all why I am walking the 2000km to Santiago de Compostella from the Netherlands. So please check them out, they are a fantastic charity doing essential work.

Merci :)

RMP

1 comment:

  1. Hi Richard, I have a picture of you, Andrei and I, a wonderful souvenir, at the St-Martin's Basilica in Tours taken June 12 2018. I arrived in Santiago on August 9th. It's been a while. Take care jeanpierre_de_beaumont@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to add a comment...